Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: November 17, 2021
In this Policy, the terms “SoBe Vegan,” “we,” and “us” refer to SoBe Vegan, LLC and its wholly owned and operated locations. This Policy does not apply to information collected by SoBe Vegan licensees, which maintain their own privacy policies and procedures.
By using any of the Services, you consent to the terms of this Policy.
The Personal Information SoBe Vegan Collects and How We Use It
In connection with your interactions with us through the Services, we may collect personal information from you or from other sources. This information may be information that you directly provide to us, such as information that you provide when you visit the Services, or information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as information collected from your browser or device. The personal information may identify you directly (e.g., your name). We also collect certain information that does not identify you directly, but in certain circumstances could allow you to be identified indirectly (e.g. certain technical data associated with devices that you use to interact with the Services).
In some instances, SoBe Vegan may also collect information from third party sources, upon whom we rely to provide the Services. We use both business partners and service providers, such as payment processors and analytics providers, to perform services on our behalf. Some of these partners may have access to information about you that we may or may not otherwise have (for example, where you sign up directly with that provider) and may share some or all of this information with us. We may use this information to administer and improve the Services and to conduct marketing and advertising campaigns.
In response to public health guidance or mandates from government authorities, we may collect health data from our guests as we deem appropriate to provide a safe space for them and our employees.
In addition to the categories of information referenced above, SoBe Vegan may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
How We Share and Disclose Information
SoBe Vegan only shares information, including Personal Information (as also defined in the section entitled “California Residents” below), with affiliated companies, as well as carefully selected business partners and service providers to provide better service to you. These companies need information about you to perform their service function (such as to process and fulfill your order, verify your credit card information, and to protect you from fraud). We also share information, including Personal Information, with specially chosen companies that help us with marketing functions (such as manage our Internet business, maintain and manage our customer information, as well as market our products and services). We may engage vendors to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. These entities may collect certain information from you (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, hardware/software information, cookie ID, IP address, etc.) when you visit our Website or Mobile App and use that information to provide advertisements about goods and services that are deemed to be of greater interest to you.
We may also share your information for any other purpose as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent. Please note that this Policy is not intended to limit our ability to share or disclose aggregated, pseudonymized, or anonymized data. SoBe Vegan also reserves the right to use or disclose information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement or similar investigation.
How We Protect Your Information
SoBe Vegan takes a number of steps to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. SoBe Vegan protects your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your information. Examples of our safeguards may include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, and administrative informational controls. When you transmit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) through the Website or in the Mobile App, we encrypt the transmission of that information using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. No system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we recommend that you help us keep your information safe by taking reasonable steps such as keeping your passwords private, changing them from time to time, and not disclosing personal data in places that can be accessed publicly.
We retain your information only for as long as is necessary to provide the Services and to fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other necessary purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
“Cookies” and Advertisers
The Website and the Mobile App server, or the servers of companies that are used to operate the Website and the Mobile App, may place a “cookie” on your computer, store data in your computer browser or access pre-existing removable tracking features on your mobile device in order to allow you to use the Website and the Mobile App and to personalize your experience. A “cookie” is a small piece of data that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies and browser storage allow us to recognize your computer while you are on our Website and the Mobile App and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies and browser storage are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories, and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies and browser storage may also be used to improve the functionality of the websites and applications.
Most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies or other device tracking features, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of the Website or the Mobile App.
Links to Other Sites
In some areas of the Website or the Mobile App, we may provide a link to another website. Other websites, including social media sites, have their own policies regarding privacy and security, and these may vary from ours.
The Services are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. SoBe Vegan will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom SoBe Vegan knows to be under the age of 13. SoBe Vegan does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If SoBe Vegan nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom SoBe Vegan otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, SoBe Vegan will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from our files by requesting this via our Contact Us page.
If you have reason to believe that child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us without parental consent, please contact us using any of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy, and we will endeavor to delete that data from our systems.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Business Purposes for Collection
· Personal Identifiers (e.g., name, email address, and date of birth)
· Marketing (including advertising, customer acquisition and lead generation, performance media, audience segmentation, event organization, web traffic analytics, brand promotion and analytics, surveys and consumer research, campaigns, management of influencer and other partner relationships, social media content distribution and analytics, mobile application communications, contest administration, and customer engagement and analytics)
· Operational purposes (including order processing, payment, gift card, voucher and coupon processing, receipt processing, anti-fraud, sales data reporting, provision of food truck services, third-party delivery coordination, and mobile application and kiosk services and analytics)
· Employment and recruiting (including conducting background checks and employment eligibility verification, for interview purposes, payroll administration and employee timekeeping, benefit administration, creation of tax forms, office administration, business expense processing, industry benchmarking, and internal communications)
· Investor relations (including communicating with potential investors, processing stock purchases and transfers, distributing proxy statements and collecting shareholder votes, giving investor presentations, and contacting shareholders)
· Development and real estate for the purpose of expanding the Services
· Business relationship management
· Customer service
· Charitable giving
· Legal compliance
· Other personal information (e.g., drivers license, credit card number, health insurance information)
· Operational purposes (including order processing, payment, gift card, voucher and coupon processing, receipt processing, anti-fraud, sales data reporting, and mobile application and kiosk services and analytics)
· Employment and recruiting (including payroll administration and benefit administration)
· Development and real estate investment for the purpose of expanding the Services
· Legal compliance
· Demographic information (e.g., gender, familial status, and citizenship status)
· Internet or other electronic activity information (e.g., clickstream data and information regarding interaction with a web site)
· Marketing (including customer acquisition and lead generation, audience segmentation, web traffic and search engine analytics, brand promotion and analytics, surveys and consumer research, campaigns, management of influencer relationships, social media content analytics, mobile application management and communications, contest administration, providing mobile store locator services, and customer engagement and analytics)
· Geolocation data (e.g., mobile device location)
· Audio, electronic, or visual information (e.g., photographs)
· Employment and recruiting (including for interview purposes, selecting candidates, payroll administration and employee timekeeping, benefit administration, creation of tax forms, office administration, business expense processing, industry benchmarking, and internal communications)
· Customer order information (e.g., order number)
In accordance with the CCPA, California residents have the right to request that we disclose the following information about our collection and use of “Personal Information,” over the twelve months prior to your requests:
The categories of Personal Information we collect about you.
The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect about you.
Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
The specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed in the prior twelve months.
If we sold your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of Personal Information we have sold in the prior twelve months.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information. In some circumstances we may not be able to honor your request for deletion – for example, if we need to hold on to your information to protect the security or functionality of our operations, to service your account, or to comply with legal obligations.
To ask for a record of the information we hold about you, or to ask us to delete your information, please visit http://8z3.1d0.mywebsitetransfer.com/privacy-policy/ or call us at (954) 368-4640. You must provide enough information that we can verify who you are and that you are a California resident. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requester’s identity and authority to make the request.
You also have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time. To opt out of the sale of your personal information, you may submit a request to us by visiting http://8z3.1d0.mywebsitetransfer.com/contact-us/
We will not deny services, charge different prices, offer a different quality of service or otherwise discriminate against your for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Non-U.S. Visitor’s Rights
SoBe Vegan’s business is directed to United States customers and non-U.S. persons visiting from other countries should be aware that by visiting a physical SoBe Vegan location, Website, or Mobile App in the United States, you are agreeing to be subject to U.S. privacy law rather than the laws of your home country.
To exercise the above-mentioned rights to revocation, information correction, blocking or deletion, please contact us via our Website.
We hope to be able to resolve all questions or complaints with you directly.
This Policy went into effect on the date noted at the top of this webpage. We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated Policy on this page and change the date at the top of this webpage. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Policy periodically, especially before you provide information, and particularly personally identifiable information, directly to us through the Services. Your continued use of the Services after any changes to this Policy are in effect constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. You can contact SoBe Vegan Customer Service online at http://8z3.1d0.mywebsitetransfer.com/contact-us/ or by phone at (954) 368-4640, or by postal mail at: SoBe Vegan, 1521 Alton Road, #144, Miami Beach, FL 33139.